Windstorm and Flood Insurance Policies

Living along a coastline increases your risk of flood damage, windstorm damage and other havoc caused by named storms and hurricanes. Tornadoes, hurricanes, and other windstorms can cause a significant amount of damage to your home and its contents. But will your homeowners insurance policy cover your losses if one of these storms strikes your home?

Windstorm and Flood Coverage

The federal government offers flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program. And a number of states along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts currently administer windstorm insurance plans to pick up where regular homeowners policies leave off. Each of these programs has wait periods and limitations.

We have worked extensively with clients located throughout the country who live in high-risk areas for hurricanes, windstorms or floods. Turn to our insurance protection team to learn the details on the National Flood Insurance Program or the state-administered windstorm insurance plans to see if you would benefit from these special insurance programs.

We encourage our clients to be prepared for storms. Make a full inventory of your personal property. Purchase comprehensive coverage for your car in the event it receives hail damage. Make a safety plan to limit the potential for injury claims.

What to Do If Your Home is Damaged in a Storm

We know that floods and windstorms can wreak havoc on a house. If your home or outbuilding sustains damage from a storm, we encourage you to make repairs to the extent necessary to protect against further damage. Take pictures of the initial damage. Keep all receipts for parts and labor. Take pictures of your home after the repairs are complete. Most importantly, contact Texas Insurance & Financial Services, Inc. immediately to start your claim.

It is also important to know that hurricanes and other windstorms are often accompanied by flooding. In many cases, flooding can cause far more damage to a home and other property than high winds. Neither homeowners insurance nor a separate windstorm policy will cover flood damage. If you want this type of protection, you’ll need to buy separate flood insurance.

Contact Texas Insurance & Financial Services, Inc. to Discuss Your Windstorm and Flood Insurance Needs

Because we are licensed in more than 40 states, we can assist businesses located throughout the country. Reach out to our insurance protection team today by contacting us online or calling 800-541-9849 to request your free insurance review and free quote.